General Unimi travels regulation
General regulations for travels are available on UNIMI website.
Authorizazion to travel abroad
All students that are planning to travel abroad need to obtain the authorization. Follow these two steps:
- At least 20 days before departure fill the following two forms and send them by email to the PhD Coordinator and CC the PhD secretary.
- Authorization form addressed to the PhD Coordinator. This form must be signed by the student and the student’s supervisor.
- Authorization form addressed to the University Rector. This form must be signed by the coordinator. Students are required to fill it to ease the authorization process.
In 10 days students will receive a reply from the coordinator.
- At least 10 days before departure, give the two forms you received from the coordinator to Ufficio Dottorati e Master:
- by mail (Ufficio Dottorati e Master - Segreterie Studenti, via Festa del perdono 7, 20122 Milano) or
- by fax (0250313731) or
- at the help desk (“Segreterie Studenti”, via S. Sofia 9/1, Monday-Friday 9.00/12.00)
Increased scolarship due to travels outside Italy
Students that are beneficiary of a scholarship and that are planning to travel, in addition to the authorization (which is mandatory), can also issue a request to have their scholarship increased during the journey. Follow these two steps:
- Fill one of these two forms:
- for travels longer than one month use this form that must be signed by the student. In this case scholarship is increased by 50%
- for travels shorter than one month use this form that must be signed by: the student, a faculty that is paying for the costs resulting from increased scholarship (e.g., the student’s supervisor) and by the department dean. In this case scholarship is increased by 100%.
The form must be sent:
- as attachment to the authorization request issued to the coordinator see “authorization to travel abroad”, point 1 and
- as attachment to the authorization request issued to Ufficio Dottorati e master, see “authorization to travel abroad”, point 2.
- While abroad, fill the certificate of attendance and send it as reported on the form itself.
The administration can pay in advance some expenses, as specified below. If you need this, you should ask the administrative offices at least 15 days in advance.
- Conference/School registration, only if they accept a payment through bank transfer.
- Flight/Train ticket. In this case you should write an e-mail to email@example.com qualifying yourself as a Ph.D. student of this department and ask them to provide an estimate of the ticket cost. Once you have decided PRECISELY which ticket you need, you will involve our administrative offices and they will ask clupviaggi to emit the ticket. Note that you cannot change your mind after the ticket has been issued.
- No other expense can be paid in advance.